This game is played for the most part without the supervision of a referee. The game depends on the integrity of the players to show consideration for other players and to abide by the rules all players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner. Demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times this is the spirit of the FootGolf game.
- Wear appropriate clothing Polos or T-Shirts, shorts. Skirts or pants. Indoor or turf soccer shoes Soccer shoes with hard cleats or studs are not allowed.
- Your ball should be easily identifiable.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before you kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind.
- Kick off your ball from a position from up to 2 metres behind the tee markers. The player with the lowest number of kicks from the previous hole has the right to start.
- The player furthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- Play the ball from where it lies. It is not allowed to move the ball, or jammed objects. In case two balls are so close to each other that they are disturbing, one of them can be marked and raise.
- If the ball lands in a hazard you receive one penalty point and you must:
- Retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest clear land point from where the ball entered the hazard, or
- Place the ball at the position of the previous kick
- Do not play the ball from any golf green. A free drop is allowed, 5 metres from the green.
- Please rake bunker after playing your shot.