It’s time for a change..
The Tuart Nines are officially changing from the 11th February. We are excited to announce that the 1st tee of the Tuart Course will now be located next to the cart shed (formally the 10th of the Tuart). This will ensure improved tee management by the golf shop staff and an improved flow from the 9th hole to the 10th tee box.
We would like to advise all Wembley Golf Course patrons that we are renovating the 7th green on the Old Course on 11th February 2019
- Couch encroachment has reached the point of over 50% of the green is now common couch which goes dormant in winter and becomes muddy.
- Too many balls landing on the 8thtee creating a safety issue for people teeing off on the tee. Bunker to be placed behind green.
- Approach in front of green is high in organic matter and doesn’t drain in winter with staff having to rope off the whole area to stop carts entering.
- The Green is too small and needs to be larger to accommodate more pin positions.
- Organic matter in green is high, reducing the ability to drain water in winter.
A temporary green will be setup 8 metres short of the green, so it will not affect current social or competition players. The temporary green will be in effect for approximately 8 weeks.